Thursday, March 29, 2012

Merry Monday #13

Hello Friends and Happy Thursday to you!  Today I am entering this card in the Merry Monday Challenge #13 hosted by Lesley at Always Playing with Paper. 

  Does it seem odd to pop into my blog and see a Christmas card - especially when we are all eagerly anticipating the true arrival of Spring?  It did to me at first too, but now I look forward to the new challenge each week and somehow it seems more fun to create a Christmas card now when there is less pressure around everything else to do at the holiday. 

Once again I chose a non-traditional color for my card - pink!  I think it is so sweet with the brown - and who says Christmas needs to be red and green only? Not me - but I do still love the traditional red and green combo.  Does my daughter like the color on this card (remember what she said about my last pink one)?  Nope... LOL... but she does think the little girl is precious and likes the sparkles.  She so totally cracks me up! I'll make a pink convert of her yet - just wait and see :o) 

What might not show up very well in this picture is that sparkle I added to each little snowflake on the textured background with my Dazzling Details glitter glue.  It added a subtle sheen to the card that is a wonderful compliment to all the other sparkle and shine going on.  Hope you enjoy today's card and if you are inspired to participate, please pop into the Always Playing with Paper site and go for it!  Thanks so much for stopping by! Leave a note if you wish - I love to receive your comments.  Hugs.

Supplies (all from Stampin Up!):  Cardstock - Pink Pirouette, Whisper White and Chocolate Chip.  Specialty Paper - Silver Glimmer paper (snowflake).  Inks - Staz On Black, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Wild Wasabi, Soft Suede, and Daffodil Delight.  Stamps - Greeting Card Kids (119887 wood or 120633 clear) and Snow Much Fun for the sentiment (122560 wood or 122562 clear).  I colored the image with my blender pens (102845)and residual ink from my stamp pad colors mentioned above. I used the Snowflakes texture folder for the embossed background.   Sparkle is provided by the Dazzling Details Glitter glue in the Clear and Cherry Cobbler.  The snowflake is from the Northern Frost Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die run through my Big Shot Sizzix machine.  Glimmer Brad in the Subtles collection (121004).

5 comments:

  1. Danielle, this is precious in pink! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pink and really love the embossing background too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great card! I love the pink embossed background Danielle and I think the silver snowflake is so pretty! The perfect accent!! So happy you are having fun with the challenge!
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!!! I love this card and that little girl is so precious in pink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danielle, This card is just adorable and I love the pink as a nice change from traditional Christmas colors. You'll have to keep working on your daughter. LOL Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!