Monday, April 2, 2012

OCCC "How Green is Your Spring" Challenge

Hello Friends and Happy Monday to you!  I created this card to enter in the Our Creative Corner Challenge "How Green is Your Spring?".  For this challenge I pulled out a stamp set that I really love but don't seem to use much.  When I was thinking about my green spring idea the thought of leaves on the trees, warm sunshine and birds singing came to mind.  I actually saw a bluebird the other day and it just made my heart happy to see that little fellow. Spring is on the way... Yay!!  If you have been following my blog at all you probably know that my biggest fan (and sometimes critic) is my 11 year old (almost 12) daughter.  I like to hear her perspective on what I create because it is often so uncensored and honest (I'll admit though that sometimes I have to remind myself that I do love her honestly  :o) ).  Really creativity and art is about what you love, but its fun to hear what others say too (especially if they like it).   So... here's what she had to say about this card:  "Oh, I absolutely love this card!  It must have taken you a very long time to do it".  Funny thing is that this card was actually very quick to make.  You don't have to be so fussy about where the leaves are on the tree, you can just stamp away and fill in the branches.  The leaves I popped out were very quick also - a quick stamp and then a quick punch with my 3/4" circle punch, add a dimensional dot and viola its on there!  Cutting out my little bluebird probably was the most time consuming part because its so small (and I didn't have my readers on). 

Here's another view and the finished inside: 

I apologize that the inside picture is so dark.  I think if you click on it though it pulls into a picture viewer and  you can see the saying better.  Insides Stamp set is The Nicest Things (117036 wood or 120531 clear).

Hope you enjoy today's card and saw something that inspired you.  I highly encourage you to check out Our Creative Corner and challenge yourself to create a Green spring card.  It might make Spring seem all that much closer for you too.  Hope your day is wonderful and thanks for stopping by!

Supplies (all from Stampin Up!):  Cardstock - Whisper White, Pear Pizzaz, Pumpkin Pie (little flowers).  Stamps - Season of Friendship (111776).  Patterned paper - Greenhouse Gala (green) - retired.  Twitterpated (blue) in the Occassions Mini until April 30th.  Punches - Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (flowers) #118309.  3/4" circle (119873).  I hand cut the shape of the grassy hill. Basic Pearls are on the flowers (119247), colored with a sharpie to tint a little.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Danielle, this is simply lovely! The way you popped out the leaves is SO fabulous! Your daughter has AMAZING taste!! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Our Creative Corner! Hugs, Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful Danielle! Love all the pretty flowers you created and the circles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle, I love this set and you really dressed it up beautifully for spring! Love those popped up leaves and the tiny blossoms. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!