Tuesday, June 5, 2012

52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown #6

Hello friends - hope you are having a most wonderful day.  Today's card is based on the sketch below for a fun Christmas card challenge that I have been  participating in called 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown (52CCT#6).  I am using some of the NEW DSP from Stampin Up! called Be of Good Cheer and when paired with these two cute little fellas how can you not feel cheerful when you look at them.  The tree actually is part of an image of three trees on the stamp but I taped off the other two images so I could stamp just the middle one with Staz On and then color in with my blender pen and inks.  Then I placed the cute little penguins next to the tree.  I also used another NEW product - the stitched gumball green ribbon.  It has great feel to it and is quite cooperative about being tied in a bow.   See below for the great sketch I used for this card.  I made a regular size card (5 1/2" x 4 1/4") rather than a square, but I'm definitely going to have to use this sketch again as I love square cards.
Mynette is having a design team call during the month of June.  If you love making Christmas cards (as I'm finding that I really do) this might be a great opportunity for you to showcase your work and love of Chirstmas Cheer.  I am putting my hat in the ring - wish me luck!  Thanks for stopping by to visit, I'm sure glad that you did. Hugs!

Supplies (all from Stampin Up!):  Cardstock - Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green (NEW In-Color for 2012-2014) and Whisper White.  DSP - Be of Good Cheer.  Ribbon - 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon in Gumball Green (NEW). Stamps - Polar Party and Teeny Tiny Wishes (sentiment).  The sentiment is punched out with the Word Window punch and layered on.  Images were stamped on with Staz On  black ink and colored in with a blender pen and classic ink.

7 comments:

  1. JUst Gorgeous..Fabulous images..Fabulous colours.
    Yes! I LOve this design too lol...
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle. Love the card...those penguins are so cute and the ribbon and bow is just right. Good luck with the DT call, judging by this you would be brilliant!
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Danielle!!! Another beautiful card--those penguins are dolls! LOVE the coloring and your bow is amazing! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Danielle - thanks for joining us here at 52CCT and good luck with the dt call - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much ladies! I really liked the sketch this week - am definitely going to use it again as I have lots more ideas for it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yes, this is one cheerful card alright - those penguins just make you break out in a goofy grin! Fabulous card Danielle! Thanks for sharing it with us at 52 CCT and I wish you the best of luck with the DT call! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Ruth! Congrats on your term on the DT - I was happy to see that you were added to the group. Love your snowflake card this time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!