Saturday, June 2, 2012

Merry Monday #22

Hello friends - here is another card using one of my favorite Snow Buddies for the Merry Monday Challenge #22 based on the sketch from Lesley (see below).  This card uses some of the new Christmas DSP from Stampin Up that is now available.  It is such fun paper with its traditional reds and greens - but then I also had to add in a little of the Primrose Petal as an accent color (its ever so slightly in the striped paper too) which is a NEW In-Color for 2012-2014.  I love how this all coordinates so beautifully.  I've been having a lot of fun with my pre-order and the sneak peeks I have been giving you with the NEW products.  Now you can get them too.  It's as easy as clicking on my shop now link at the top of my blog - and you are on your way to making some beautiful Christmas creations.  You might even be inspired to play along with the Merry Monday challenge and get a head start on your Christmas cards for this season :o). 

Supplies (all from Stampin Up!): Cardstock - Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green (NEW), Primrose Petal (NEW) and Whisper White.  DSP - Be of Good Cheer.  Ink colors used -Staz On Black, Gumball Green (NEW), Riding Hood Red, Basic Grey and Peach Parfait. Stamps - Snow Much Fun (snowman) and Bitty Banners - NEW (for the area around the sentiment) and Teeny Tiny Wishes.  The NEW Bitty Banner Framelit was used to cut out my sentiment - I cut one in green to layer behind the top (white) one, and the Scallop Circles Sizzix Die is what I used behind the 2 1/2" circle cut out for my snowman. I used a retired textured embossing folder on the Cherry Cobbler strip that looks like snowflakes.  As a last touch, I added just a few Basic Pearls to make it appear as if my darling fella is juggling the snowballs.   

Hope you enjoyed todays card!  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Happy Weekend to you. 

6 comments:

  1. Super cute image. Gorgeous colours...LOve it.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love the fabulous colours and the image is so cute. thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute Danielle, love that sweet snowman and the clean lines to your card! Thank you for joining me at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a perfectly sweet CAS card....Mr Snowman is adorable! Thanks for playing along with us this week with the Merry Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun to see these two snowmen side by side in the gallery, Danielle! This one's a mischievous one, I think! So glad you could join us at Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for your nice comments. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if my snowman was the more mischievous one Bonnie :o) that would be fitting to it's cardmakers personality - LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!