Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Another Card for the 52CCT August Sketch Challenge (and a Reminder)

Hello dear blogging friends - hope you are having a wonderful week.  I got my order in with the new products from the Stampin Up! Holiday mini catalog and have been having a blast creating with my new goodies (you've seen some of the Halloween samples already).  The August sketch challenge at 52{Christmas} Card Throwdown is still going on this week so I decided to use the sketch by fellow DT member Jacqueline to create another card to share with you along with this reminder. 

I substituted gingerbread men for the squares on my card.  These darling gingerbread men were created with the NEW Holiday Collection Framelit dies and the NEW coordinating Scentsational Season stamps (there is also a candy cane, Christmas tree, star and mug of cocoa with steam - soo cute!).  The DSP strip is also NEW and is called Snow Festival Designer Series Paper.  It has a wonderful whimsical/country feel to it.  I used the Sizzix Tasteful Trim Bigl XL die for the ric rac strips on my card.  Since I can't throw anything away (I save practically every little scrap) I used the outside part of the paper after I had cut the strip and cut it in half to put behind the DSP.  My hearts (substituted for the stars in the sketch) were punched out with a retired SU punch.  I added the sparkly candy buttons on the gingy men with the Cherry Cobble Dazzling Details glue.  Oh... and I almost forgot - the sentiment is from the Polar Party set. 

Here's the sketch from Jacqueline:
The 52CCT August Sketch Challenge is going on until Friday at 6 PM GMT.  I hope you will play along as I can't wait to see what you do with the sketch that has soooo many possibilities.

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit - I'm sure glad that you did.  Til next time - Hugs and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!