Friday, November 23, 2012

52{Christmas} Card Throwdown - November Embellishment Challenge and Merry Monday #42

 
Hello friends - hope you are all doing well. Since I had to work Friday I missed out on most of the Black Friday sales. I usually start my Christmas shopping at this time of the year so hopefully there will still be some good bargains to be had :o) Fortunuately I am in really good shape Christmas card-wise as I have been both designing for 52CCT for several months now and have also played along with the Merry Monday Challenges whenever I can too. Don't despair if you are a bit behind on making Christmas cards - just go grab your stuff and start creating! To help you get going this week Mynnette has a great Embellishment challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown - to use pearls on your cards.  Here's what I came up with: 
I LOVE using pearls on my cards but for some reason I was a bit stumped as to what I would do this week until I saw the fabulous sketch at Merry Monday #42.
I hope the polka dot paper I used doesn't distract too much from the fabulous snowflake.  In real-life it looks quite elegant but as I'm looking at this picture it looks a bit busy - here's a little closer look:
I sure hope you'll decide to play along this week at 52CCT - I'd love to come visit your blog and leave you a note.  Thanks so much for stopping by - til next time... Hugs and Happy Crafting!!
 

 


10 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful, Danielle. The snowflake looks phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the red and white and I adore the beautiful pearl elements! The pennants are wonderful--such an elegant card, Danielle! :) Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and a fabulous break! :) HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the polka dots and the pearls, Danielle! Very pretty and not too busy at all. Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle, I LOVE your elegant pearly snowflake, what a classy Christmas card! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card Danielle, your snowflake is beautiful.Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow....so pretty! The pearls and polka dots go together so well! Thanks so much for playing with the MM sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty Christmas card Danielle! Love the addition of the pearls on your snowflake. It's good to see you again at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep..I've got a thing for pearls too! Gorgeous card, Danielle. Love this colour combo for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so love red polka dots so I really love this card - love the sketch too - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the banners and all the pearls on your snowflake! Awesome job with this sketch too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!