Friday, December 7, 2012

Metallic Christmas Tree for 52CCT Color Challenge #12

Hello friends!  Today I am both nervous and excited to share the card I have made for the 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown Color Challenge #12 (see above).  You know how sometimes an idea pops into your head and just won't go away??? Well my card today is a result of one of those occurrences.  When I saw what our challenge was for this week at 52CCT I just couldn't get the idea of gears out of my head - and then I thought of making a Christmas tree with them somehow.  Before I show you this card I want to say that the reason I'm nervous to share this with you is because it is completely different from anything I've done yet and it is an unusual take on a Christmas card. I'm excited though because I really stretched myself creatively and I kind of like how it turned out.  Well... enough suspense - please be kind:
I apologize for the very poor picture. The background behind the tree is white but it doesn't look like it. I tried several different ways to get the photo better but it has too much shine from the blast of silver shimmer mist spray that I used (more than I had intended originally to put on).  Here are a couple different views that help the sentiment and cogs show up better:

I embossed the sentiment in Pewter.  As I mentioned, I gave the overall card a very good dose of silver shimmer spray.  Initially I was going for a totally masculine feel but then I just couldn't resist adding the rhinestones inside the smaller cogs/gears (whatever the proper term is for those "deally bobs" - a true gear head I am not -lol).  I used brushed silver and gold cardstock for the punched shapes. The overall card size is 5 x 7.  Oh, and here is the inside ( I used my new metallic silver marker and randomly squiggled a border around the inside).  I allowed myself to not try to be perfect in how I put this on (boy was I really feeling my oats this day - must have been the lack of sleep) ;o)
So there you  have it! Hope I've inspired you to try something new with a metallic finish or image.  At the very least I hope you will go check out the other samples from our fabulous DT at 52CCT and decide to make and share your own creation with us this week.  Til next week... hugs and happy crafting!!




4 comments:

  1. Fab idea for a Christmas tree Danielle - love all the sparkle and shine too - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! Such a great idea with the gears! Beautiful cared! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to be MIA, Danielle! This is gorgeous! LOVE the cogs--such a stroke of genius! LOVE the beautiful metallic, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Danielle, that is an amazing tree! What a fab idea to turn cogs into a Christmas tree - your creative cogs were certainly turning LOL! This is very on trend with Steampunk being so popular at the moment! Love all the shimmer and sparkle too!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!