Monday, March 25, 2013

Easter wishes for ABC Challenges

Hello dear friends and blog followers - so happy that you've decided to stop in and visit me today.  Yesterday I hosted our monthly card group at my house - what a delight all of those ladies are! Each one of them is so special to me and I sincerely enjoy their company. I feel quite blessed to be part of such a wonderful and crafty group.  Last week I shared a card with you that I had made to exchange yesterday using "ugly" paper from one of the ladies - well, at least what the person exchanging it felt was "ugly".  My card for this week's challenge at ABC Challenges - "Easter" uses a second piece of paper that one of the gals gave me to use. She thought it was terribly ugly when she gave it to me - and terribly pretty when I showed it to her yesterday - hehehehe.  I was quite please with myself that she liked what I did with her ugly paper! Well, after all beauty is all in the eye of the beholder - but embellishments can certainly make a difference too in how beautiful something looks (kind of like adding earrings and a necklace for a special night out) :o).

I took that "ugly" paper she gave me and added a bottom layer of another piece of DSP that coordinated quite well with the orange in the carrots.  A little distressing around the edges of both layers added some dimension to it.  I inked the edges of the bottom layer with Early Espresso, and the carrot paper layer with Tangerine Tango.  Then I inked up my new single stamp "Ears to You" from Stampin Up! and used one of my favorite Sixxiz framelit die cut shapes for the main image (I'm kinda wishing I had done the middle bunny in orange - that would have been fun too).  Some more edge inking with the Tangerine Tango and then I popped it up with some dimension dots.  I added some flowers to cover a big blank area that didn't have any carrots on it and therefore looked out of balance to me.  I think those little green flowers look a bit like small cabbage plants that rabbits love to chomp on - don't you?  The main orange flower was originally a white paper daisy that I inked up with a finger dauber and some Tangerine Tango ink.  Loved how it turned out - and a perfect way to get everything to coordinate.  

I have only made three Easter cards this year - may not have time to make many more.  It seems odd to me when Easter sneaks into March instead of April - kind of catches me by surprise and the weather still feels more like winter than spring when its that early in the year.

I hope you will decide to join us this week at ABC Challenges for our Easter themed challenge.  We had an amazing number of gorgeous entries last week for our Flower challenge.  I gotta tell you that I just love visiting your blogs so I can't wait to see what you come up with for Easter.  Please pop on over and visit the rest of the DT who have made some wonderful cards to share with you for inspiration.

Til next time... hugs and Happy crafting!! D

5 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for your lovely comment, Danielle you left on my blog. Very much appreciated.
    Your Easter card is beautiful! Love the colour palette, the bunnies and the background is just brilliant with all the carrots.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that paper on this card! Great job! I have a group, actually 2 groups, that get together once a month. We stamp and share and have such a good time. Quarterly I do a Short Stamp Stack and have 5 cards ready for them to do. The rest of the time we play. So much fun and I've made so many wonderful friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you made with the "ugly" DP - for this design and theme it's just perfect, though! I so like your cute little bunnies too. Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Love the oranges!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!