Tuesday, April 23, 2013

ATS&M #42 - Make Your Mark

Hello friends and followers - so nice to have you visit me today.  Time for one of my favorite challenges at Addicted to Stamps and More - #42 - Make Your Mark.  I love this challenge because it gives me a chance to pull out my markers and color to my heart's content.  This week I used another darling digital image from Heather Ellis who is the sponsor for ATS&M this month.  We still have snow here in Montana so I decided to go with a very cheery color scheme to perk up my mood.  I've used some retired SU papers from my stash called Cheerful Treat (2011/2012) and a couple newer Sizzlit framelits die cuts (Labels) to make my card. The green cardstock is called Gumball Green - it's one of my favorite greens. 

I apologize for the rubbish photo this week - both my cameras ran out of charge at the same time (do you think I could find my charging cords - no!) and my phone just refused to take a decent pic until about the 10th try (this one is still a bit out of focus).  I know better than to wait until the last minute to get my cards done and the photos taken - but yet again here I was rushing at the last minute and swearing like a sailor (yes, I'm embarrassed to say that I do do that on occasion) as I was trying to figure out how to get my card in in time.  Does anyone have a magic PAUSE button that I can borrow for when life seems to be moving faster than I have the energy for?  If so... please let me know - I'll be indebted to you forever LOL.  Too much stuff that has to be done and not enough time for the fun stuff - like paper crafting and card making. What's up with that anyway??? I'm sure that I'm not the only one who suffers from this ailment :o)  Finish this sentence... "You know that you are obsessed with Papercrafting when..."  I could come up with a whole bunch of sentence enders - LOL.

Ok, so let's get back to the challenge at hand before I drive you bonkers with my complaining.  Won't you please pop on over and see the fabulous creations the rest of the ATS&M design team has come up with for your delight and inspiration?  I hope your life isn't moving too fast to allow you to join us this week 'cause I can't wait to see what you make and share with us.  Til next time... hugs and happy crafting! D 

12 comments:

  1. Love your card, Danielle. You have used the sponsors image to perfection! Now, 'You know that you are obsessed with papercrafting when.... you would rather not eat?"

    I couldn't come up with anything funny, sorry ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kylie - it is kind of funny when you think about it... and I can totally relate to your statement. I've gotten shaky from hunger but don't want to stop if I'm on a roll :o)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card, Danielle! I love the colors and those banners -pretty papers too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cheery card Danielle, I love that image but my printer was playing up so I had to stamp!
    Love the leaf paper too:) Snow, poor you, it's lovely here at the moment but the weekend is supposed to be dire!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Danielle, so sweet! Your papers are lovely and look great with the image and diecuts. The last time we had snow here in UK was about 3 weeks ago, it's been quite warm and sunny the last couple of days but supposed to get colder again by the weekend. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colouring Danielle and love the papers you have used. I know I am obsessed with papercrafting when hubby arrives home expecting dinner and I am covered in ink and knee high in card stash, not funny but true!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Sandie - I can't tell you how many weekends we have had cereal for dinner :o) My husband is quite tolerant and patient of my obsession. Hugs D

      Delete
  6. Beautiful card and papers. Very bright and cheerful. Caz Fellow DT member

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card Danielle. Love those polka-dot papers ... so fun and cheerful :) Such an adorable image and love your coloring. I agree with you ... Gumball Green has become one of my favorite greens too! I know I'm obsessed with papercrafting when I go in my studio in the morning for "just an hour" and then come out when it's dark outside :) It's happened to me more than you can imagine!! :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep Loll - I can relate to that one too. We are all in good company aren't we :o) Hugs D

      Delete
  8. Adorable card Danielle. Beautifully made. I haven't got a printer so I can't use these images :( Wish I could as they are so adorable. If someone does let you know about the life pause button would you let me know!! LOL!
    Take care,
    Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that background banner Danielle! Cute banners too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!