Tuesday, April 16, 2013

ATS&M Challenge #41 - Anything Goes

Hello dear friends and blog followers - so happy that you've stopped by to visit me today!  This week at Addicted to Stamps and More we have the ever popular ATS&M Anything Goes - Challenge #41.  I've chosen to use a darling digital image (colored with copic markers) by the challenge sponsor this week Heather Ellis.  My card is made using a negative image of a die cut as a frame for the sentiment.  I added some dry embossing around the "frame" using the cloud texture folder (SU) and embossed the sentiment in black.  I fussy cut around the image and popped her up with dimensions.   I really please with how this turned out, but for the life of me can't figure out why my sentiment in the photo looks so fuzzy! It doesn't look like that in real life. Must be the way the camera focused?!?

This card is going to a dear lady who stayed with our dogs recently while we were out of town.  I just hate to leave my "babies" at the kennel and am so grateful to have people who love animals (and are trustworthy) that are willing to dog sit for us.  She even ran the dishwasher and put away some of the dishes for us - wow!  I'd tell you her name but I don't want to share her ;o)  Here's a peek at the inside:
The card base is TangerineTango but you can't tell that from the front as it was already 5 1/4" by 5 1/2" in size and I didn't want to cut up a 12x12 piece of cardstock for some of the orange to show around the outside border.  I think it's a nice colorful surprise to see the orange inside (also ties into the butterflies on the front).

The other ladies over at ATS&M have prepared some wonderful creations for your inspiration this week as well.  I hope you will go visit them and then decide to play along with us this week.  Heather is offering a fabulous prize to our Top Honor and you can't win if you don't enter :o)

Gotta run for now... til next time... hugs and happy crafting! D

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Danielle. That sentiment is just wonderful. I love your layout. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle. Sweet!!! Love your adorable Pure Innocence ... she looks fabulous in her jean overalls and cute yellow and pink wellies!! Love the way you've fussy cut her and popped her on top of your frame. Great layout!! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you've coloured her Danielle, she's so cute:) The negative frame is very effective.
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Danielle, I like how you've coloured the little girl and cut her out, very sweet and the sentiment is wonderful. Fabulous layout too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Danielle, sorry for not visiting you already yesterday, my laptop has been on maintanance. :) This is adorable, I love the colors and the frame for your sentiment -looks great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Danielle. Love how you have used your image on the side of the frame.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Florence xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!