Sunday, April 28, 2013

FMS83 used for Crafty Card Gals group exchange

Hello again! It's very unusual for me to have the opportunity lately to post a couple times in a row in one day - whoo hoo. Yesterday I was able to spend a little time power creating (that translates to I was really behind and had about an hour to make three cards).  I made this card  for a monthly card exchange that I do with several of my friends.  We call our group the Crafty Card Gals.  Each month we issue a different challenge and then make cards to exchange the following month. This past month we each brought 4 different pieces of paper to exchange.  The recipient had return the following month (April) with a card or project that we had made using those papers with the additional challenge element that at least one of those papers needed to be made into a shape that was different from the shape of your card.  I got my papers from Lois who decided to add a piece of yellow to all those other patterns and colors (the umbrella is one, the sky is another and the green notebook looking piece is the last). For some reason that yellow really threw me and I struggled with how I was going to make it "fit" since it didn't match the others.  So when stumped, I usually turn to a sketch to help me have an initial framework to get me started.  I liked the sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches (FMS83) and decided to give it a go (see below).
Thank goodness for sketches! I know some people aren't crazy about them but I know they really help me a lot.  I decided to keep the yellow as an accent piece and I like how it turned out.  

Lois didn't get to see this as she wasn't able to come this month - but I know she reads my blog so..."What do you think Lois"?  :o)  

Well time to run downstairs and change the laundry (that's my main chore today).  I won't embarrass myself by telling you how many loads I need to get done today (last weekend I didn't get to it) but I can tell you its a LOT! Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me today - I'm sure glad that you did. 

Until next time...hugs and happy crafting! D

5 comments:

  1. This sounds challenging to me! I love the umbrella and the bit of yellow really adds a bit of sunshine to go with that pretty umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you incorporated all the elements from your Crafty Card Gals. The umbrella is perfect with the embossed cloud layer and the little bits of yellow hint that the rain is almost over! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card turned out beautiful, Danielle! You found the perfect spots for the yellow paper! And it's such a lovely version of the sketch. Personally I love sketches, and the more I use them, the more I like them, feeling more and more confident about how I can alter them to fit my style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the umbrella and how you used just a touch of yellow! Great job with the sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty - love your DSP umbrella, what a fabulous effect this has combined with the cloudy embossed cardstock! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!