Sunday, April 28, 2013

MOJO290 {Happy Birthday Cindi}

Hello dear friends and followers! I'm so excited to see that I have a few new followers! Welcome and thanks for being here with me.  Well,  here it is Sunday already.  That means, of course, that Monday is just right around the corner so today I'm doing laundry and balancing the checkbook and paying bills and getting ready for the start of a new work week.  Not so much fun but it must be done.  Yesterday I had the chance to make a card for my friend Cindi's birthday tomorrow  using the MOJO Monday sketch #290 (see below).

A while back Cindi had given me the most beautiful card using some of her pressed flowers.  She was kind enough to share a few extras with me also and I knew at the time I was going to return the favor to make her a card too.  Here's a close up of the flowers (aren't they delicate and lovely). 
Here's another view that shows the plastic tiles a little better. I used some retired Lovely Lilac cardstock for the base of my card along with Gumball Green and Daffodil Delight.  I just realized how cool it is that two of the colors are also flower related :o).  I sponged a little of the gumball green around the edges and across the embossing and gave it just a couple spritzes with my spritzer and the lovely lilac marker (can hardly see this in the photo). 

Well duties call so I better get going for now. Thanks so much for stopping by - I'm sure glad that you did. Until next time...hugs and happy crafting! D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!