Friday, June 14, 2013

52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown (52CCT) Theme Challenge #18 - Ornaments

Hello friends and followers, so happy that you've stopped by to visit me again!  This week the challenge at 52CCT is theme based and we want to see your beautiful Christmas card creations with ornaments on them.  I have several ornaments stamps that I could have used but then I spotted this little one that I had purchased last season and hadn't found a way to use it.  Take a look at what I've made to inspire you:
 
Here's a full front view so you can see the detail a bit more:
 
In looking at this I just realized that I have also pulled bits from the past couple challenges this month - I used a bit of baker's twine and the color green :o)  Wasn't intentional but I thought it was kind of fun to mention. 
 
My family and I have a fun weekend planned.  My son is just home from college and we are going to try to squish as much time in with him and his lovely lady friend as we can these next couple of months before they move to Wisconsin for college.  He has been in Washington - which is less than 6 hours from where we are, so we've been able to see him fairly regularly.  When he moves to Wisconsin (which is about 2 1/2 days drive away since my husband doesn't fly) we will probably only see him two times a year. This makes my heart sad :o( as he is my first baby and I'm not quite ready to have that distance from him.  However, I am also very proud and happy for him that he is living his life and taking opportunities in a responsible way.  In any event... as you can now imagine I think our summer will be go...go..go and do with him while he's home.
 
So enough about me... please go visit the other lovely ladies on the DT for 52CCT and see what they've prepared for your inspiration.  I can't wait to visit you too and see what you make this week.
 
Til next time... hugs and happy crafting! D

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Danielle, I love the polka dots and that gorgeous texture, a very festive little number! Great fun that you've tied in the other challenges to this card too!

    Have a wonderful weekend with your family! {{{{hugs}}}} Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle. Your card is beautiful! Love the way you've sponged on top of the embossing of your oval to give it lots of details. I do love the inspiration photo and may try to join in. I'm not sure if I'm ready to make Christmas cards yet ... but the itch is starting :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO pretty, Danielle! LOVE the way you did the dry embossing and then added color and bling! Such a fabulous card! HUGS and hope you have a great rest of the week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colored embossing is gorgeous! I really like how it frames the ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you've colored the embossing! A beautiful card! It's hard when our chicks leave the nest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Traditional colours, lovely embossing all focused on that sweet ornament. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!