Monday, June 24, 2013

'ABC' Challenges - Red, White and Blue {Celebrate the 4th of July}


Hello dear friends and followers so glad that you are here visiting me today!  This is the last Monday of the month of June (oh my goodness how time flies) so that means that just around the corner is the 4th of July.  The DT at 'ABC' Challenges has picked a terrific color challenge for you this week that works perfectly with the holiday coming up soon.   Fourth of July cards not your style? That's okay - make a card using those colors for any other reason.  How about a masculine birthday card, or a nautical themed card? Or... you fill in the blank :o)  I can't wait to see what you make this week.  

I only send one or two 4th of July cards out typically but I still choose this theme for my card as I had this darling digital image that I just couldn't resist using.  I resisted using other colors as much as possible to stay to true to the main colors in the challenge (neutrals are okay though to add  - grey, black, brown, and skin tones).  So without further ado - please allow me to share my card with you this week.  Here is my Red/White and Blue(s) card:
Aren't they just the cutest pair? My daughter said "a blue elephant?"  Yeah I guess I went a bit overboard with the blue theme (I used 4 different shades of blue) and probably should have used the traditional grey for my elephant - but I really wanted to keep the neutral color as an accent and not as one of the main colors. I still like him - he's an original :o).  Hope you do too!  

The other lovely ladies have prepared some beautiful cards to share with you this week as well.  To see them all you have to do is click here - or go visit 'ABC' Challenges.

Til next time friends...hugs and happy crafting! D

1 comment:

  1. Danielle your card is so cute. What a happy patriotic card. (Smiles)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!