Friday, September 20, 2013

52CCT Challenge #21 - Theme Challenge (Christmas Trees)

Ho Ho Ho - and Hello dear friends and followers.  I went into to Costco this past weekend as was absolutely floored to see the Christmas decorations staring to come out already.  I found myself wondering...Did I miss Halloween somehow? I mean I LOVE to make Christmas cards - in fact they are my favorite type to make. But...REALLY....Christmas decorations already???  Hmmpff!  Not sure that I like that for some reason.  Anyway... let's get back to what I do like and that is to make cards and share them with you for the fabulous 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown (52CCT) challenges.  
Ruth has chosen a great theme challenge for us all this week.  She wants to see our Christmas cards with a Christmas tree theme.  Oh what fun!! Second to snowmen and snowflakes I like trees :o)  I had another kraft colored base sitting on my desk from last week's color challenge so I decided to use it.  The CAS style was appealing to me this week so I followed that nudge and this is what I came up with - hope you like it!
Well friends... got lots to do this weekend so I'm gonna get going for now and try to enjoy a little of what's left of our gorgeous fall.  Maybe I'll go buy one or those great big snowmen for my yard and put it up while its warm outside. Ok, now I'm just being silly, so off I go.  Hope to be visiting you soon and leaving comments on your cards for 52CCT #21 - "Christmas Trees" .  Don't forget to go see what my lovely DT teamies have made as well.  They all do such lovely work.    
Thanks for stopping by - Hugs!! D

10 comments:

  1. This card has a great contemporary feel, and I love the combo of red, white and green with kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at us, using the same colors this week! ;) LOVE the fun scene you created with your tree image and I adore the fun texture behind the sentiment! HUGS and have a great rest of the weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the traditional colours! The forest of Christmas trees is super and I do like the graphic date label! I know just what you mean about shops having Christmas decorations out early - wish they'd wait until November!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Danielle - your CAS trees are gorgeous - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Green polka dot trees- just fabulous! Love them all layered in a row like at the Christmas Tree farm and the pop of red from your date sentiment is a perfect addition. Enjoy your autumn fun

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this card Danielle, the mixture of first and second impression stamped trees is a fab touch! I adore the bright hit of red provided by the Christmas date circle!

    You really are a gal after my own heart - after snowmen and snowflakes my next fave is Christmas trees - and ornaments! I also do not like seeing Christmas stuff in the shops this early. Come December you're fed up with it which spoils it I think.

    Have a great week my friend! {{{{hugs}}}} Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The CAS layout really shows off those bold images terrifically! I like that you embossed the red circular mat - what a fun touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely Christmas Card :), I like the light and bright shades of green

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!