Monday, October 14, 2013

ABC49 - Halloween

Hello dear friends and followers - happy Monday!! Getting very close to Halloween here in the states - there's a chill in the air and lots of trees shedding their leaves.  Seems in Montana that Halloween is often the first extremely cold night of the fall season and usually involves snow.  This means that you better plan ahead for a costume for the kids that fits over the winter coat - or be prepared for the battle about covering up the great disguise. Maybe I'm too much of an optimist that the weather would hold out (or a poor planner) but we usually ended up in the battle stage with our kids. My daughter and I were looking through some of her scrapbooks a couple night ago and came across a Halloween page from when she was 6 in her pink princess costume.  She said "Oh I remember that! I was so mad at you for making me wear my coat".  "I almost didn't get to go because I threw such a big fit huh?"   Oh yeah, I do remember that it was a whopper! :o) Fun memories..hehehehe.  Honestly I'm really quite glad that now we stay home and hand out candy and get to see all the fun costumes from the warmth of our house.

So....speaking of Halloween.... that is the theme this week for the ABC Challenges - ABC49 Halloween.  Here is my DT card using the sunburst technique again - take a look please:
Did you notice that funky bat in the upper corner?  I made this using a butterfly punch and a very small circle punch.  I colored my sentiment stamp first with an orange marker and then went over it again in places with a black marker. Really love the way it turned out. Hope that you like it too and will decide to join us this week at ABC Challenges for our Halloween theme.  

The rest of the ABC Challenges DT members have made some beautiful cards to share with and inspire you as well.  Please go visit them here.

Til next time friends...hugs and happy crafting! D



4 comments:

  1. Love the Halloween look achieved through the sunburst on ur card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous! Love the sunburst look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle, what a great card. I love the layout and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been away on holiday and I'm now trying to do a bit of catching up. This card really caught my eye - love the vibrant orange colors and the effect of the sunburst technique on this card is fantastic! A great Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!