Friday, January 24, 2014

52CCT - January Stash Challenge {Double Embossing}, MOJO Monday 329 {sketch}, Merry Monday #92 {Colors w/Ribbon}, The Card Concept 2, Festive Fridays {Photo Inspiration} & Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra - Anything Goes

Hello friends - happy weekend!! Time for another challenge at 52CCT. This week our challenge is to use two types of embossing - heat and dry.  I'm a huge fan of texture on cards and use dry embossing quite a lot.  I don't as often do the heat embossing though as I'm usually crafting at night when everyone else is in bed.  They don't much like to be woken up to the sound of my heat gun :o)  What a silly family I have!

So I made my DT card earlier in the evening to oblige them - lol.  Take a look:
All supplies from Stampin' Up!
Ink and paper colors: Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla (sounds like a dessert doesn't it?)

First I embossed the star with Early Espresso and heat set it.  Then I stamped the JOY over that with Cherry Cobbler ink and embossing powder and heat set again. Heat embossing gives things such a nice subtle sheen.  I sponged some crumb cake ink around the edges of everything to add a bit of distressing.  My dry embossing is from a retired snowflake embossing folder (one of my favorites).

For additional inspiration, I used the sketch from MOJO Monday 329
the Colors w/Ribbon challenge at Merry Monday #92.
The Card Concept Challenge #2 Use Texture (my first time here thanks to Sue for the link).
Style = Vintage
Festive Friday FFC23 (also my first time thanks to Sue) with this photo inspiration
and
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra - January "Anything Goes"

 I'm really happy with how this turned out.  Lately I've been making a lot of "cute" cards so it was a nice change of pace to make a vintage card.   

I hope that you will decide to play along with us this week at 52CCT.  The rest of the DT have made some gorgeous cards to inspire you as well.  Please go visit them and leave a little love.  Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me today. Til next time...hugs and happy crafting! D

  

27 comments:

  1. Absolutely loving the vintage vibe on this card. The embossed background with the inked edges ... such a warm cosy look. Great card, Danielle.
    xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look you've created for this card using both dry and heat embossing. Really nice pick of colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Danielle, the vintage look and use of the sketch are just lovely! Beautiful embossing and the lace is a perfect touch. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, great job with the embossing xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, simply gorgeous....so glad you played along with us at Card Concept!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much to love about this. My favorite parts are the embossing on gold and the rich reds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should have bought this stamp when it was available! Guess I'll just have to love it on your card! Great use of the colors! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just lovely! I love your colors and you are right, they sound delicious together, lol! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the vintage feel to this....I was so sad when this set didn't make it into the catalog. It's gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should be happy!! this card turned out beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just OH SO PRETTY, Danielle!!! I wish I'd purchased this set because you have just made it completely NEEDED! ;) HUGS and have a great rest of the weekend! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful. That is one of my favorite SU sets. I love the gorgeous fonts! So glad you could play with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Danielle, I love texture. Thank you for playing along with us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Danielle. That is one of my favorite Christmas stamps. You showcased it beautifully. The embossing folder is a favorite also. Love everything about your card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Danielle what a beautiful card, perfect for all the challenges. Thank you so much for joining us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is very pretty, Danielle! I had to chuckle at your story about your family not wanting to get woken up by the heat gun. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So very pretty, love the star and Joy embossing...so elegant!
    Good for you getting in so many challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simply stunning card. Great colors, great layout and great use of texture. Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my! This is wonderful. Love the deep embossing and the double stamping! Such a warm, vintage feel to your card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so elegant and warm, Danielle! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This color combo is truly one of my all-time favorites! It is so warm, in a sweet country way! Beautiful attention to detail on your card. The inked edges are perfectly blended, flawless embossing (not a stray speck of EP to be seen anywhere!) and your design elements are gorgeous! The lace and the snowflake embossing folder add some really yummy texture!

    Thanks for choosing to share your card with us this week at the Card Concept Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your dual stamping…such a great look! And love the embossed background…adds the perfect 'warmth' to a Christmas card! Everything has come together beautifully here! So glad you've played along with us at Festive Friday, and hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Terrific job, Danielle! I love the warm colors and all the actual and visual texture from the embossing folder, the lacy ribbon, and the designer paper behind the ribbon. All-around excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so beautiful Danielle - very elegant colours - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the layered stamps of your focal point! Thank you so much for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a gorgeous Christmas card using one of my favourite colour combos. The the vintage feel you've created. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!